The Register of Health & Wellness Influencers
The Register of Health & Wellness Influencers is the first and only independent register for the Health & Wellness Influencers worldwide, recognising the qualifications and expertise of influencers and bloggers within the wellness industry
We are committed to raise the profile of Health & Wellness Influencers worldwide and supporting the professional development and credibility of bloggers and influencers. We are working to promote and expand the opportunities available to bloggers.
Credible information has the power to influence the consumers decision-making process and drive positive uptake when it comes to choosing a wellness product or service to opt into.
We protect the public by regulating bloggers and influencers creating wellness content. To do this we:
- set standards for professionals’ education and training and practice
- keep a register of professionals, known as ‘registrants’, who meet our standards
- take action if professionals on our Register do not meet our standards
Choosing to register with RoHW brings a wide range of benefits – but most importantly shows to the public that you uphold high standards of practice in your work. Being registered builds trust with your clients and the public by demonstrating that you are working to a robust framework.
Who Do we Regulate?
As defined by the World Health Organization (WHO), wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life, “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
The Health and Wellness market space is dominated mostly by content providers sharing information about everything relating to beauty, fitness, mental wellbeing, healthy eating and nutrition.
Our primary objective is to provide public protection by ensuring that health and wellness influencers, work to high standards of practice when producing consumer content.
What is an influencer?
- An influencer is an individual who has the power to affect purchase decisions of others because of his/her authority, knowledge, position or relationship with his/her audience.
- An individual who has a following in a particular niche, which they actively engage with. The size of the following depends on the size of the niche.
These include, but are not limited to:
- social media influencers
- health bloggers
- health writers